Tuesday 8 November 2011

November Challenge: Day 8

Today is the third day of Eid and with the $2300 monthly budget in mind, my family happily skipped the restaurant today. We did however make a trip to the bakery, still much cheaper than going to a sushi restaurant....and then DH went to Timmy's for coffee with a friend. Here's today's totals:
$8.00 - Bakery 
$14.99 - Basmati rice
$4.48 - Kids chop sticks
$75.02 - Gas
$3.00 - Tom Hortons

So my family and I are currently addicted to sushi, I know it's terrible because spending money at any restaurant is a bad habit to get into. We go for all you can eat or get takeout about 2-3 times a month normally, so I wanted to get my kids their own chop sticks, they are only 2 and 3 years old and I thought it would be so cute seeing them learn how to hold and use them while they eat. 



Aren't these the cutest things?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,

    Just dropped by to say that both Kim and I now make our own sushi, and it is so cheap and tasty. You should buy a kit and give it a go. You will save a fortune!

    Gav

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gavin,

    My husband and his brother made sushi for the family a few months back. It was good, but nothing like our favourite sushi joint. Might give it a try myself and see if there is any difference.

    ReplyDelete