Friday 9 December 2011

Making Money When You Don't Have a Job

So how do people make money while being a stay at home parent? I've been doing a few things, and I'm sure I could be doing more, slowly but surely it'll happen. Since October I've opened up my own etsy shop, selling kids/ kid inspired jewelry. By no means is business booming, but it gives me a great feeling that a few people are interested in things I'm making, it's also a few extra dollars that I wouldn't have had otherwise. 

This month I've been selling things on craigslist and my husband has been selling some things to a group of friends he sees once a week. Craigslist has been OK, although I will admit it can be a huge hassle with people saying they are interested in somethings and then not following through or dealing with people who are a little ummm....blank among other things. Thankfully though, my husband helps me out with craigslist selling and in less than two weeks we've made $100 selling to three different people. As for selling things to his friends, today was the first time he did it and was able to make $50. Selling things to friends might just be a one time thing, or possibly a once in a while thing, we'll see but at least I can say we made some cash and people are interested. 

I'm looking into ways to make more money, my husband works, but I don't and I miss getting a regular pay cheque. Selling things here and there has been great for this months challenge of organising, but I need something that I can count on more than craigslist and also something that makes more money than etsy, yet still allows me to be at home with our two toddlers. Suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment