Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day....Sales?

I was so excited about boxing day today that I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I have been planning this day for the past month and set aside a good chunk of money to get things for my family and I. The stores in the mall opened up at 8am, so I made sure to get us all there by 7:45am, Old Navy was giving away a Kodak underwater camera to the first chunk of customers and I wanted one. When we got to Old Navy at 7:45am the doors were already open and a good amount of people were already in there shopping. Turns out this was the only store in the mall that opened up at 6am, we missed the camera giveaway but we did get two free fleece blanks which came in handy when my oldest daughter and I fell asleep on the couch later in the day.

The deals in Old Navy were OK, we found even better deals online the previous day though. Many of the stores seemed to have the same sales that they did before Christmas, and for some things like Pot of Gold chocolate I could have gotten it cheaper with a coupon (now expired) two weeks or so ago. The only other store I picked up anything from was La Senza, their panties seem to only have a lifespan of one year, so I desperately needed some new ones, I don't know if I'm just being cheap, but I think the 9 for $30 I paid was a little too much for a "sale".

This boxing day was officially a let down for us, we picked up very few clothing items for the kids and only one or two things from our long list of things we needed for our home. I wonder how well other people did today with the sales and if they fared better than we did. I'm hoping that the upcoming January sidewalk sales will be better, I remember last year we really cleaned up, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment